[ovirt-users] Run Once install -> reboot loop

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 18:28:08 UTC 2016

On Friday, February 19, 2016 10:23:02 AM Jamie Lawrence wrote:
> > On Feb 18, 2016, at 11:45 PM, René Koch <rkoch at rk-it.at> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jamie,
> >
> > That reason for this is, that the iso will be mounted as long as you're in
> > run once mode.
> >
> > You can fix this by powering off your vm after the installation and run it
> > again in "normal" mode. As you don't want to run the vm in run once mode
> > forever, you have to shut it down anyway.
> But it seems that this has worked for me in the past, when I was creating
> these through the GUI. In other words, after the OS installer reboots, it
> would correctly reboot in “normal” mode. Am I hallucinating that?

It works in the UI because the HD is the first boot device and the CDROM is
lower in the order. When you boot, it sees the HD doesn't have a boot record
and continues to the next one. Once installed the reboot will have given the
HD a boot record and it will start from there.

Make sure that in your case the CDROM is NOT the first device and I think you
should be alright.