[ovirt-users] Going crazy with emory hotplug on 3.6

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Mon Feb 22 08:10:31 UTC 2016

We were running OVirt 3.5 with FC20 nodes (came from 3.4). The nodes did not
install a qemu-ev but only a qemu. And the default machine type in that cluster
is pc-1.0 (for whatever reason).

> > Question: What is the desired way to disable the hotplug qemu parametrization
> > for single VMs in 3.6 cluster? It MUST be possible otherwise it would not
> > make sense to choos older machine types.
>
> Good point, but this should be true for rhel* machine types, and I didn't expect
> you had pc-* machine in the first place!
> Could you please share the package list and versions? Qemu, libvirt, vdsm, ovirt-engine.
>
> Please be prepared to file a oVirt bug, on Engine, because Vdsm is just the humble
> servant here, doing exactly what Engine orders.

We will switch to rhel machine types. But for now we must preserve the pc-1.0 ones
from the Fedora cluster.

Markus