[ovirt-users] RHEV-H 7.2 Beta Install

Fabian Deutsch fdeutsch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 13:09:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Christopher Young
<mexigabacho at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this is the ovirt-list, but I've had great success with help
> here as I have been running a couple of ovirt instances for some time
> (as part of a lab/testing).
>
> In any case, I'm trying to install the RHEV-H beta (7.2 latest ISO),
> and for whatever reason, my install gets to 22% (right after
> partitioning up the local drive, I believe) and fails.
>
> I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.  I've tried changing install
> options (i've been installing via PXE) to no avail, and I notice that
> there don't appear to be any virtual terminals to switch to look at
> things and/or see where things failed.
>
> The errors that I get say something along the lines of:
>
> unexpected EOF while looking for matching ''
>
> I'll try and get more details, but i've attached a screenshot from the console.

Hey Christoph,

first thanks for the report.

> Any help on HOW to troubleshoot this, pull logs, etc.. would be most
> appreciated as I'd like to get this moving forward.

As Ryan wrote, you need to drop to shell, then all logs are in /var/log.

The problem seems to be an old code fragment which assumes sysV init scripts.
I wonder why we did not encounter it earlier.

Could you file a bug about this issue?

- fabian

> Thanks for all of your hard work and the help of the community!
>
> -- Chris

Fabian Deutsch <fdeutsch at redhat.com>
RHEV Hypervisor
Red Hat