[ovirt-users] Shrinking a storage domain

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Fri Feb 26 15:31:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm moving some storage from one SAN storage unit to another SAN storage
unit (i.e.: block device storage). So I have two RHEV storage domains:

SD1
SD2

We need to move most of SD1s data to SD2.

Live storage migration for a guest works fine: It's easy to migrate a
disk from being in SD1 to SD2.

But now that I have released around half of SD1, I would like to let go
of a LUN which is part of SD1. How is that done? (If this were a stand-
alone Linux box, I would use vgreduce to release a PV and then remove the
PV from the server.)

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin