[ovirt-users] Nested KVM - vdsm-hook-nestedvt

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Jan 4 08:52:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Winfried de Heiden <wdh at dds.nl> wrote:

> Hi all and happy new year!
>
> I'm running oVirt 3.6 on EL7.
>
> In order to test nested-kvm I installed vdsm-hook-nestedvt on the
> hypervisor and put "fake_kvm_support = true" in /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf.

fake_kvm_support is just for developing purposes and it's not needed as it
prevent guests to run.

Please check to understand if nested support is enabled on your host:
/sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested

if not
   echo "options kvm-intel nested=1" > /etc/modprobe.d/kvm-intel.conf
and reload the module

Than install vdsm-hook-nestedvt on your hosts.
If you want also to use the network on your L2 guest please install and
configure also macspoof vdsm hook on your physical hosts otherwise all the
traffic to/from your L2 guests will be dropped.
https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/tree/master/vdsm_hooks/macspoof