[ovirt-users] User with SuperAdmin Role has not MANIPULATE_STORAGE_DOMAIN

Oved Ourfali oourfali at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 16:39:03 UTC 2016

Permissions in ovirt are composed of the role, user/group, and object.

I guess you refer to the SuperUser role. Question is what object you've
granted it on.

In order to have a permission on "system" level, you gave to go to the
configure dialog (see right upper side of your screen).

Regards,
Oved Ourfali
Hi list,

I set the SuperAdmin Role on a AD group. I use my account in this group to
use oVirt. I try today to add an Export Domain but I failed with this error
in log :

2016-01-07 16:46:28,883 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.storage.AttachStorageDomainToPoolCommand]
(default task-1) [68d5410a] No permission found for user
'8ac67747-110c-4125-86f1-1f52ca0e7705' or one of the groups he is member
of, when running action 'AttachStorageDomainToPool', Required permissions
are: Action type: 'ADMIN' Action group: 'MANIPULATE_STORAGE_DOMAIN' Object
type: 'Storage'  Object ID: 'c7dee64d-a27e-446e-8656-cef2d8ea42a6'.

Where can I set the good permission ?

Thanks a lot
---
    Kevin C