[ovirt-users] Webadmin UI not reporting # of VMs correctly

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 15:27:21 UTC 2016

> On 07 Jan 2016, at 18:32, Will Dennis <wdennis at nec-labs.com> wrote:
>
> No, it was definitely wrong at the time - there were no other VMs other than the hosted engine, and no migrations… However, when I was able to finally re-import/activate the hosted_storage SD, and the HE VM correctly showed up in the UI, then it corrected itself, and has remained correct since… As shown in my post, it also did not agree at the time with the output of “hosted-engine —vm-status”, but since the re-import of the SD, it now is correctly in sync with that as well.

Those reported values do rely on status of the host, which in turn is derived from its storage health. So it might be “wrong” when hosts are not happy. You would need to correlate it with other events, though…there are various timings in play, so it’s a bit tricky to know for sure until/unless it is stuck in a wrong way for a long time

Thanks,
mcihal