[ovirt-users] how to get infos about dev of ovirt 4.0

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Jan 10 08:43:10 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Nathanaël Blanchet <blanchet at abes.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Since meetings have been canceled (and reports), I find it difficult for
>> community to get informations about the development state of ovirt.
>> How and where can we follow the release management, in particular for 4.0,
>> i.e. the new integrated features, the blocking bugs, etc... I didn't find
>> any documents like the one that was used for previous release
>> (http://goo.gl/9X3G49)
>

> Hi Nathanaël,
>
> Are you looking for specific information?
> The planning is, as always has been, in Bugzilla and while many work on
> 3.6.x still, there has been some work on 4.0 items already (mainly in the
> mast branch of oVirt).
> I'm using [1] as a Bugzilla query to look at all open RFEs. Those with 4.0.0
> are the ones currently targeted for 4.0 - but I assume more will be
> added/removed to the list.
>
> Which meetings and reports are you missing?
>
> HTH,
> Y.
>
> [1]
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=4419697&namedcmd=RHEVM%2FoVirt%20open%20FutureFeatures
> (Let me know if you can't see the results - I'm trying to see which group
> has the highest visibility wrt sharing saved searches.)

Just noting that some months ago there was a significant change in management
of ovirt bugs in bugzilla, see e.g. [1] [2]. This was done also so that
spreadsheets will not be needed anymore.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Bugzilla_rework
[2] http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2015-September/011339.html

Best,
--