[ovirt-users] how to get infos about dev of ovirt 4.0

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 15:41:31 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Nathanaël Blanchet <blanchet at abes.fr>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Since meetings have been canceled (and reports), I find it difficult for
> >> community to get informations about the development state of ovirt.
> >> How and where can we follow the release management, in particular for
> 4.0,
> >> i.e. the new integrated features, the blocking bugs, etc... I didn't
> find
> >> any documents like the one that was used for previous release
> >> (http://goo.gl/9X3G49)
> >

> > Hi Nathanaël,
> >
> > Are you looking for specific information?
> > The planning is, as always has been, in Bugzilla and while many work on
> > 3.6.x still, there has been some work on 4.0 items already (mainly in the
> > mast branch of oVirt).

Hi Nathanaël,
as Yaniv suggests, current 4.0 planning is currently done at bugzilla level.
In the past we created a wiki page with a list of features and then tried
using a google spreadsheet but at the end Bugzilla is the most reliable way
to get what's planned for 4.0 at real time.
Some features page have been already created:
http://www.ovirt.org/Category:OVirt_4.0_Proposed_Feature
We are still in planning phase so we don't have a release schedule yet for
4.0

> > I'm using [1] as a Bugzilla query to look at all open RFEs. Those with
> 4.0.0
> > are the ones currently targeted for 4.0 - but I assume more will be
> > added/removed to the list.
> >
> > Which meetings and reports are you missing?

Nathanaël may correct me if I'm wrong but I think he refers to oVirt Sync
Meetings (as
http://resources.ovirt.org/meetings/ovirt/2015/ovirt.2015-04-01-14.02.html )
which were supposed to be replaced by Office Hours (AFAIK I'm the only one
who ever did it and I stopped being not attended / useful)
and status reports like
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2015-May/032848.html which has been
abandoned when bugzilla rework started adding ovirt target milestones to
bugzilla.

> > HTH,
> > Y.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&list_id=4419697&namedcmd=RHEVM%2FoVirt%20open%20FutureFeatures
> > (Let me know if you can't see the results - I'm trying to see which group
> > has the highest visibility wrt sharing saved searches.)
>
> Just noting that some months ago there was a significant change in
> management
> of ovirt bugs in bugzilla, see e.g. [1] [2]. This was done also so that
> spreadsheets will not be needed anymore.
>
> [1] http://www.ovirt.org/Bugzilla_rework
> [2] http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2015-September/011339.html
>
> Best,
> --