[ovirt-users] What's going on open channel devices when migrating the Guest ?

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Fri Jan 15 09:08:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm using a channel device between host and guest to exchange datas every 20 seconds.

On the Guest size , there is an open /dev/virtio file on which we read continuously what's
sent by the host.

My question is the following :
When migrating the Guest to another host ,  and the migrating back to the first one ,
the Guest software doesn't receive anymore datas from the host unless I restart the Guest software to re-open the /dev/virtio file.

Is there any way to detect in the Guest that migration has been done so we have to reopen  the file ?

Any hint is welcome .

Thanks for help.

J.P. Ribeauville

P: +33.(0).1.47.17.20.49
.
Puteaux 3 Etage 5  Bureau 4

jpribeauville at axway.com<mailto:jpribeauville at axway.com>
http://www.axway.com<http://www.axway.com/>

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.