[ovirt-users] Gracefully GUEST shutown via ovirt Python-SDK

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Tue Jan 19 10:29:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

When using shutdown from ovirt manager GUI  , then  on a Linux Guest , I get this massage :

System Administrator has initiated shutdown of this Virtual Machine. Virtual Machine is shutting down."
The system is going down for power-off at Tue 2016-01-19 10:32:19 CET!

When , via ovirt Python SDK , I use this  :

api = API(url=URL, username=USERNAME, password=PASSWORD, ca_file=CA_FILE)
   vm = api.vms.get(name=VM_NAME)
      print 'Stopping this VM'
      vm.stop()

Then the Guest is stopped in a 'non -gracefully » way.
Is it a way to achieve same behavior as via GUI shutdown ?

Thx for help.

Regards,

J.P. Ribeauville

P: +33.(0).1.47.17.20.49
.
Puteaux 3 Etage 5  Bureau 4

jpribeauville at axway.com<mailto:jpribeauville at axway.com>
http://www.axway.com<http://www.axway.com/>

* Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.