[ovirt-users] Gracefully GUEST shutown via ovirt Python-SDK

Simon Hallam sha at pml.ac.uk
Tue Jan 19 10:38:27 UTC 2016

Try using vm.shutdown()

From: users-bounces at ovirt.org [mailto:users-bounces at ovirt.org] On Behalf Of Jean-Pierre Ribeauville
Sent: 19 January 2016 10:30
To: users at ovirt.org
Subject: [ovirt-users] Gracefully GUEST shutown via ovirt Python-SDK

Hi,

When using shutdown from ovirt manager GUI  , then  on a Linux Guest , I get this massage :

System Administrator has initiated shutdown of this Virtual Machine. Virtual Machine is shutting down."
The system is going down for power-off at Tue 2016-01-19 10:32:19 CET!

When , via ovirt Python SDK , I use this  :

api = API(url=URL, username=USERNAME, password=PASSWORD, ca_file=CA_FILE)
   vm = api.vms.get(name=VM_NAME)
      print 'Stopping this VM'
      vm.stop()

Then the Guest is stopped in a 'non -gracefully » way.
Is it a way to achieve same behavior as via GUI shutdown ?

Thx for help.

Regards,

J.P. Ribeauville

P: +33.(0).1.47.17.20.49
.
Puteaux 3 Etage 5  Bureau 4

jpribeauville at axway.com<mailto:jpribeauville at axway.com>
http://www.axway.com<http://www.axway.com/>

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer.

Please visit our new website at www.pml.ac.uk and follow us on Twitter  @PlymouthMarine

Winner of the Environment & Conservation category, the Charity Awards 2014.

Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 4178503. Registered Charity No. 1091222. Registered Office: Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth  PL1 3DH, UK.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses; PML accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.