[ovirt-users] vdsm IOProcess request queue full

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 09:24:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 9:09 AM, alireza sadeh seighalan
<seighalani at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everyone
>
> when i run  systemctl status vdsmd  it shows me these strange messages:
>
> vdsm IOProcess  WARNING (32)  request queue full
> vdsm IOProcess  WARNING (33)  request queue full
> vdsm IOProcess  WARNING (34)  request queue full
> .
> .
> .
> vdsm IOProcess  WARNING (41)  request queue full
>
> is it normal situation?

No, this means there are stuck requests in ioprocess queues, meaning your
storage is responding too slow, networking issues, or a bug in ioprocess.

Please open a bug, and attach:
- vdsm logs
- /var/log/messages
- output of nfsstat when you see these warnings

Please also check your storage server - do you anything interesting
in the logs or health information available in your storage?