[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6.1 with FreeIPA Auth domain performance

Justin Bushey jbushey at inforelay.com
Fri Jan 22 08:37:53 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen issues with using FreeIPA as
an authentication domain with oVirt 3.6.1. Specifically, I'm seeing
extremely slow performance when authenticating as an IPA user, between 5-10
minutes to get logged into the UI. On the KDC side I'm seeing ticket
requests from the oVirt host, which succeed and are repeated. Eventually
authentication succeeds to the Web UI.

The IPA domain was added using `engine-manage-domains` with the IPA
provider option. I could configure direct LDAP authentication if absolutely
need be, but this is really bugging me.

Google hasn't turned up any similar issues so I wanted to check if anyone
else has seen anything like this. I can post logs tomorrow if anyone wants
to assist me in troubleshooting ;)

Thanks,

Justin Bushey
InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.