[ovirt-users] SDK: Direct export of a snapshot into a storage domain?

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sat Jan 23 17:06:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Nathanaël Blanchet <blanchet at abes.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 22/01/2016 22:04, Nir Soffer a écrit :
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:22 AM, gregor <gregor_forum at catrix.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is it possible to export a snapshot directly into a storage domain?
>>
>> This is possible using the ui (export from the snapshots sub-tab).
>
> Sorry, but I can't see any export feature in the snapshots sub-tab in engine
> 3.6.0.

Right, no export option there, only the "Make Template", which does
basically the same storage-wise.

I would open a bug for adding this feature, sounds like a nice option
to export a disk from a snapshot.

Did you check the backup apis?
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Backup-Restore_API_Integration

>> Arik, is this possible using REST api?
>>
>>> This will improve the speed and space overhead of my backup, tool.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/wefixit-AT/oVirtBackup/issues/7
>>>
>>> regards
>>> gregor