[ovirt-users] Cannot login after upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 08:32:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

according to the test of login by ovirt-engine-extensions-tool you were logged in
successfully, so there shouldn't be any issues logging into engine using
admin at internal ...

Unfortunately both engine.log and server.log ends on Jan 22th and I'd really
like to see up-to-date logs.

So if you still cannot login into webadmin please do following:

1. Stop engine service

     systemctl stop ovirt-engine

   or

     service ovirt-engine stop

2. Rotate logs

   cd /var/log/ovirt-engine
   mv engine.log engine-20160127.log
   mv server.log server-20160127.log

3. Start engine

     systemctl start ovirt-engine

   or

     service ovirt-engine start

4. Try to login as admin with domain internal using webadmin

5. Try to login as admin at internal using REST API by
   accessing

     http://SERVER/ovirt-engine/api/datacenters

   Into user please enter full username: admin at internal

When done please attach latest server.log and engine.log

Thanks a lot

Martin Perina