[ovirt-users] web console viewer and 3.5 to 3.6 update

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 10:35:14 UTC 2016

> On 27 Jan 2016, at 15:55, Weber, Charles (NIH/NIA/IRP) [C] <weberc at grc.nia.nih.gov> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> For the second upgrade in a row, the web consoles do not work properly after an upgrade. Suggestions would be appreciated.
> When I upgraded to 3.5 and CentOS 7, spice/vnc web console would not work until I installed custom version of websockify and novnc on the engine host.
>
> python-websockify-0.5.1-2.el7.noarch and novnc-0.4-9.el7.noarch are what I used thanks to Frank Wall and kojifiles back in November.
>
> I have just upgraded to current 3.6.2 engine and OV3.6 vdsmd on one node host. At the same time I upgraded both engine and node OS to current CO7 patch level.
> This upgrade required I remove exclusion for the above 2 rpm in yum.conf and upgraded both to current versions.

yes, there were updates in websockify and novnc which were not backward compatible and broke the existing oVirt version. Though, IIRC it was a Fedora update, not CentOS

> Now I am back to web console not working. Any bright ideas? I can roll back to custom versions.
> Does the standard EPEL/OVIRT setup work with other people for web console? Am I special or is this a known issue?
>
> current revs are
> python-websockify.noarch                                0.6.0-2.el7                              @epel
> novnc.noarch                          0.5.1-2.el7                          @epel

these should work just fine

> web socket errors are
> Jan 27 09:27:24 ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov <http://ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov/> ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[1368]: ip addr - - [27/Jan/2016 09:27:24] connecting to: 172.0.1.81:5900
> Jan 27 09:27:24 ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov <http://ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov/> ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[1368]: ip addr - - [27/Jan/2016 09:27:24] code 400, message Bad HTTP/0.9 request type ('\x88\x8f')
> Jan 27 09:28:01 ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov <http://ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov/> ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[1368]: ip addr - - [27/Jan/2016 09:28:01] code 405, message Method Not Allowed
> Jan 27 09:28:02 ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov <http://ovirtman.irp.nia.nih.gov/> ovirt-websocket-proxy.py[1368]: ip addr - - [27/Jan/2016 09:28:02] code 405, message Method Not Allowed

there were issues with SPICE vs VNC consoles for running VMs during 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade. Can you verify (in case you’re connecting via noVNC) that your VM is really running with VNC, listening on the right host and right port using VNC protocol? Is 172.0.1.81 reachable? Any fw in the way?

Thanks,
michal