[ovirt-users] Cannot login after upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6

Eli Mesika emesika at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 15:59:34 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Marcelo Leandro" <marceloltmm at gmail.com>
> To: "Amador Pahim" <apahim at redhat.com>
> "Allon Mureinik" <amureini at redhat.com>, "users" <users at ovirt.org>
> Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:39:49 PM
> Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Cannot login after upgrade from 3.5 to 3.6
>
> Hello,
> Yes i can.
>
> It's here:
> https://copy.com/OmnU13SAPXh13ZiR

Yes

The problem is in the command_entities table that is not cleaned up and has two records after taskcleaner.sh is invoked by engine-setup
Since engine tries to deserialize classes defined in this table and as Martin noted changes between 3.5 and 3.6 changed some classes, we got this exception
We should not allow leftovers to exists in this table during the upgrade process and taskcleaner utility should handle that as well
Please open a BZ on that, I will handle that
Meanwhile, as a workaround, run the following before the upgrade

psql -U engine -c "DELETE from command_entities;" <database name>