[ovirt-users] Do vm's on host start up after crash if the Engine is down

Jonas Kirk Pedersen jkp at asom-net.dk
Mon Jul 4 07:22:15 EDT 2016

Hello I am curious to what happens if ovirt and our hosts goes down due
to power failure and the ovirt-engine will not start up. Does the vm's
that was on the hosts before the crash start up again when the host is
online or does the hosts need the engine for starting the vm's Is there
some kind of cache that tells the hosts to run these vm's? Maybe from
the vmsd. Not hosted ovirt-engine but dedicated hardware for ovirt-engine.

--
Jonas Kirk Pedersen
ASOM-Net