[ovirt-users] Moving Hosted Engine NFS storage domain

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 09:03:24 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Roman Mohr <rmohr at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Staniforth, Paul
> <P.Staniforth at leedsbeckett.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >          we would like to move our NFS storage used for the HostedEngine.
> >

> > Plan would be
> >
> > enable global maintenance
> > shut-down HostedEngine VM
> > edit  /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf on hosts
> >
> > storage=newnfs:/newnfsvolume

> > copy storage domain from old to new nfs server
> > start HostedEngine VM
> > run engine-setup on HostedEngine VM
>
> I think this step is not necessary.

+1 no need to rerun engine-setup

> > disable global maintenance
> >
> > Has anyone had any experience doing this?
> >
> > Have I missed any steps out
> >

> I am not sure what will happen with the imported hosted engine storage
> domain in ovirt-engine. It might still show the old path in the UI.
> Adding Roy.
> For me the steps look good but I never did it. Adding Martin and Simone.

After that change make sure the old domain isn't reachable anymore. When
the engine will start that domain will appear at Storage main-tab as
unresponsive or some other error state. Right click it and choose "force
remove" (don't choose the checkbox in the dialog)
The import should retrigger itself.

The only problem I see (ATM) is that the configuration disk image under
this domain has a copy of hosted-engine.conf which is stale and has the old
ID.

If this is working I would appreciate if you can jot down a small post on
it, thanks!