[ovirt-users] Automated users/groups creation and updating them

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Jun 1 09:54:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to find what are the different ways / approaches to automated users/groups creation, based on a LDAP/AD database.

This is my first problematic : when a LDAP/AD provider is joined, and a user is created in ovirt from this provider, the user heritates a part of the attributes from this LDAP database. Now if I change one attribute on the LDAP side (for example "first name"), it isn't updated on the ovirt user.
Would there be other way to update this information than creating / deleting the user ?

My second problematic is what should I use to automate creation of users.

It seems possible with :
- shell scripting : using ovirt-aaa-jdbc-tool
- python SDK
- java SDK
- rest API

Which one of these approaches would be the most simple ? I'm more familiar with shell scripting than other languages. That would be nice to find a way with it.

Concerning ovirt-aaa-jdbc-tool, I've heard it was only adding/deleting users from the internal DB, not the others. In that case, is there a way in shell scripting to interact with other profiles than internal ?

Is there files somewhere containing users and their informations I could modify ?

What would happen if a user is in use and it is modified/deleted at the same time ?

I know it makes a lot of questions, but I can't really get started before having those answers.