[ovirt-users] oVirt Windows Guest Tools & Live Migration issues.

Anantha Raghava raghav at exzatechconsulting.com
Fri Jun 3 05:14:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have just installed oVirt 3.6 on 3 hosts with storage volumes on
Fibre Channel storage box. Every thing is working fine except the following.

1. We have created 15 Virtual Machines all VM with Windows Server 2012
R2 OS. VM properties does not report the Operating System nor it shows
the IP and FQDN in the Admin Portal. There is always an exclamation mark
that reports about OS being different from the template and timezone
issues. We have changed the timezone to Indian Standard Time in both VM
and Host, same result continues. We have installed Windows Gues Tools,
same result continues. Screen shot is below.

VMs

2. When we manually tried to migrate the VMs from one host to another
one, the migration gets initiated, but will eventually fail.

Any specific setting missing here or is it a bug.

Note:

All hosts are installed with CentOS 7.2 minimal installation oVirt node
is installed and activated.
We do not have a DNS in our environment. We have to do with IPs.
We are yet to apply the 3.6.6 patch on Engine and Nodes.
We are running a stand alone engine, not a Hosted Engine.
--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

eXza Technology Consulting & Services