[ovirt-users] strange API parameters default in python SDK

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at orange.fr
Mon Jun 6 08:59:02 UTC 2016

When I'm looking the RHEV's documentation about the API class in the python SDK, I see :

persistent_auth
Specifies whether persistent authentication is enabled for this connection. Valid values are True and False. This parameter is optional and defaults to False.

filter
Specifies whether or not user permission based filter is on or off. Valid values are True and False. If the filter parameter is set to False - which is the default - then the authentication credentials provided must be those of an administrative user. If the filter parameter is set to True then any user can be used and the Manager will filter the actions available to the user based on their permissions.

I'm surprised, because in my mind, the default value are the least usefull version of each options. Why don't set them to good, useful values and let the user changed them to the opposite if there is some problems ?