[ovirt-users] Cannot create volume snapshot from illegal volume

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Wed Jun 8 11:28:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

We're running oVirt 3.6.5.3-1 and we're experiencing an issue with one
of the VMs we have. There's one VM we'd like to make snapshots of and
each time we try, the following error is shown in oVirt engine:

     Message: VDSM host01.domain.com command failed: Cannot create volume
snapshot from illegal volume

Same happens when trying to export the VM. I've attached logs for oVirt
engine + VDSM of the SPM host.

Any hints on how to fix this will be very appreciated.

Regards,

Nicolás