[ovirt-users] Terribly slow web consile post migration of oVirt Engine from one host to another host

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Thu Jun 9 01:48:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 12:15:20 -0400 Brett wrote:
BIH> > I was able to migrate the oVirt Engine from one host to another using
BIH> > engine-backup utility. On the new host, the data is loaded properly
BIH> > but the Administration Portal is terribly slow.
BIH> >
BIH> > It take about 2 to 3 minutes to allow me to enter user name &
BIH> > password.
BIH> [...]
BIH> What version of oVirt are you running.  Before 3.6.5 there was an issue
BIH> because of the generation of random numbers.  Many hosts and VMs don't
BIH> have much mouse and keyboard activity so it  takes forever to generate
BIH> the entropy needed for the connection process.  I was told to check the
BIH> entropy level with
BIH>
BIH> cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
BIH>
BIH> I installed haveged and that fixed it but I'm now on 3.6.5.

I was having this issue on 3.5.x and thought it was because I didn't have
enough memory. Checked my entropy, and it was less than 200. Installed
haveged on my hosted-engine, and now entropy is over 2000 and it takes less
than 10 seconds to log in. Thank you!

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons