[ovirt-users] Terribly slow web consile post migration of oVirt Engine from one host to another host

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 13:31:19 UTC 2016

On Thursday, June 09, 2016 03:11:07 PM Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Le 09/06/2016 08:58, Anantha Raghava a écrit :
> > Hello Alexander,
> >
> > You are right. The FQDN was the culprit. Once I entered the FQDN in
> > /etc/hosts file, the problem got resolved.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have not understood clearly whether your were using hosted engine or
> bare-metal?
>
> I'm asking that because - as Alex knows it - I'm facing this terribly
> slowness since months, and we took a lot a time trying to figure it out,
> to no avail.
> We're using 3.6.5 and bare-metal engine.
> I triple checked DNS resolution, added (anyway) relevant fqdn in
> /etc/hosts, install (anyway) haveged and rebooted.
> We checked all that with Alex, but seeing nothing obvious.
>
> So far, the web gui usage is still a real daily pain.

And we verified the ping between your browser machine and the engine was low.
The load on the engine was near 0. That your browser was either Chrome/FF and
that the machine running the browser is plenty powerful.

Did you ever disable the repos besides the 3.6 one and run a yum update (on
the engine)? Greg one of the other maintainers recently did some performance
improvements, I just don't remember which version they go into. either 3.6.5
or 3.6.6. If I remember correctly for some reason it takes a long time to get
data from the engine to your browser, we just don't know why it takes so long
as we profiled the engine running in your environment and that was all fine as
well.