[ovirt-users] ovirt engine upgrade

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Fri Jun 10 15:34:24 UTC 2016

I don't advice you to do a yum update -y on your hosts if you are in
production, because, vdsm upgrade will break your qemu process.
The best way of upgrading if you have enough ressources on the other
hosts is to live migrate each vm from a host, so as to put it into
maintenance.
Then, you can freely upgrade. When it's finished, activate it and do the
same host by host.

Le 10/06/2016 16:21, Rafael Almeida a écrit :

> Hello, friends, I have one simple question, what is the best and safe
> way to upgrade ovirt engine 3.6
>
> my environment in production is:
> - ovirt engine 3.6 over centos 7.2 x64 in a independent host
> - 4 Hipervisor's  host over centos 7.2 x64
> - 16 VM's
> - 2 storage's FC
> with the host's updrades, i don't have problems
>
> greetings
> --
> Rafael Almeida Orellana

Nathanaël Blanchet