[ovirt-users] hosted-engine vm-status stale data and cluster seems "broken"

Charles Kozler charles at fixflyer.com
Sat Jun 11 18:53:24 UTC 2016

See linked images please. As you can see all three nodes are reporting
stale data. The results of this are:

1. Not all VM's migrate seamlessly in the cluster. Sometimes I have to shut
them down to get them to be able to migrate again

2. Hosted engine refuses to move due to constraints (image). This part
doesnt make sense to me  because I can forcefully shut it down and then go
directly on a hosted engine node and bring it back up. Also, the Web UI
shows all nodes under the cluster except then it thinks its not apart of
the cluster

3. Time is in sync (image)

4. Storage is 100% fine. Gluster back end reports mirroring and status
'started'. No split brain has occurred and ovirt nodes have never lost
connectivity to storage

5. I reinstalled all three nodes. For some reason only node 3 still shows
as having updates available. (image). For clarity, I did not click
"upgrade" I simply did 'reinstall' from the Web UI. Having looked at the
output and yum.log from /var/log it almost looks like it did do an update.
All package versions across all three nodes are the same (respective to
ovirt/vdsm) (image). For some reason
though ovirt-engine-appliance-3.6-20160126.1.el7.centos.noarch exists on
node 1 but not on node 2 or 3. Could this be relative? I dont recall
installing that specifically on node 1 but I may have

Been slamming my head on this so I am hoping you can provide some assistance

http://imgur.com/a/6xkaS

Thanks!

--

*Charles Kozler*
*Vice President, IT Operations*

FIX Flyer, LLC
225 Broadway | Suite 1600 | New York, NY 10007
1-888-349-3593
http://www.fixflyer.com <http://fixflyer.com>

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT ONLY FOR THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S) OF THE TRANSMISSION, AND CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
WHICH IS PROPRIETARY TO FIX FLYER LLC.  ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE, COPYING,
DISTRIBUTION, OR DISSEMINATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  ALL RIGHTS TO THIS
INFORMATION IS RESERVED BY FIX FLYER LLC.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS
E-MAIL FROM YOUR SYSTEM AND DESTROY ANY COPIES.