[ovirt-users] Can't start VM after shutdown

gregor gregor_forum at catrix.at
Sun Jun 12 08:53:07 UTC 2016

Thanks for sharing the information's, I check the file structure and
database entries. I had problems with too long names during coding a
oVirt backup tool [1]. Here is a limitations list [2]. There was the
problem that a Windows VM name can only be 15 characters long, others
can named with 64 characters.

Which OS you used on the problematic VM?

cheers
gregor

[1] https://github.com/wefixit-AT/oVirtBackup
[2]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.2/html/Administration_Guide/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization_Manager_configuration_options_explanations_limitations_and_best_practices.html