[ovirt-users] how to build and install ovirt to the Product Environment

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 06:57:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Dewey Du <deweyto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, RPMs runs well. But I want to build from source and install it on
> production also.

​Hi,

in that case I'd recommend building RPMs from source and install them. But
be aware that engine is only one part whole set of RPMs which oVirt project
contains. Anyway if you want to build an RPM from source, please take a
look at README.adoc in root directory in short here are steps:

  make dist
  rpmbuild -ts ovirt-engine-X.Y.Z.tar.gz
  yum-builddep <SRPM>  # <SRPM> should be replace with real name of
.src.rpm from previous step
  rpmbuild -tb ​

​ovirt-engine-X.Y.Z.tar.gz

Created RPMs are stored in $HOME/rpmbuild/RPMS

Be aware that if you want to install those RPMs you will still need other
RPMs from oVirt project like otopi, ovirt-host-deploy, ovirt-setup-lib,
ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-jdbc an others. Building all of them is quite
huge task, so that's why I recomended you RPM installation.

Martin Perina

​