[ovirt-users] Decommission Master Storage Domain

Neil nwilson123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:07:11 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I've searched around a little but don't see much on how to do this.

I'm running ovirt-engine-3.5.6.2-1.el6.noarch on Centos 6.x

I have 4 x Centos 6.x hosts connected to an FC SAN with two different RAID
arrays configured on it, one new RAID and one old RAID.
The new RAID is shared as a new FC storage domain, the old RAID as my old
Master storage domain.

I have moved all VM's using LSM to the new storage domain and I would like
to remove my old storage domain now, so that the old physical hard disks
can be removed out of my SAN.

If I go to "Disks" on the old storage domain I only see two named OVF_store
etc, so it looks like it's ready to be decommissioned.

How can I promote my new domain to the master and remove/destroy my old
master domain and can it all be done without any VM downtime?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards.

Neil Wilson.