[ovirt-users] Decommission Master Storage Domain

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Jun 16 06:43:28 UTC 2016

Le 15/06/2016 14:07, Neil a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> I've searched around a little but don't see much on how to do this.
>
> I'm running ovirt-engine-3.5.6.2-1.el6.noarch on Centos 6.x
>
> I have 4 x Centos 6.x hosts connected to an FC SAN with two different
> RAID arrays configured on it, one new RAID and one old RAID.
> The new RAID is shared as a new FC storage domain, the old RAID as my
> old Master storage domain.
>
> I have moved all VM's using LSM to the new storage domain and I would
> like to remove my old storage domain now, so that the old physical hard
> disks can be removed out of my SAN.
>
> If I go to "Disks" on the old storage domain I only see two named
> OVF_store etc, so it looks like it's ready to be decommissioned.
>
> How can I promote my new domain to the master and remove/destroy my old
> master domain and can it all be done without any VM downtime?

Hi Neil,

- When you're sure no VM disk remains on the old SD :
- Select the old storage domain
- in the 'Data center' tab at the bottom of the GUI, use the
'Maintenance' button
- the Master role will automagically switch to the remaining storage
domain (it can take some seconds)
- once there, you're free to detach then destroy the old storage domain.

HTH

--
Nicolas Ecarnot