[ovirt-users] Issues importing VMs in oVirt

Cam Mac iucounu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:08:30 UTC 2016

Hi Rich,

> I'm not sure what the problem is, although you are going about
> diagnosing the problem in the right way.
>
> I would try not escaping the spaces, double escaping them (%2520), and
> also removing elements from the path (especially "/Systems" which does
> not seem to be necessary) until you can get a URL that works.
>
> I've tried all of these suggestions with no luck, and many more
permutations, both via
the GUI and the virt-v2v command line. I had a look at your blog to see if
I could use 'dcPath'
but wasn't able to get something that I could use via vpx://.

I've tried on a second VMware cluster with similar results. I'm tempted to
try renaming
the datacenter name to something without spaces, but I have to be careful
there.

> An alternative approach entirely is to use an OVA export:
>
>   http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v.1.html#input-from-vmware-ova

Looks like that's the best bet for now.

Thanks for the reply,

Cheers,