[ovirt-users] Hosted engine on Ceph RBD

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 11:07:22 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Fernando Frediani
<fernando.frediani at upx.com.br> wrote:
> +1
>

> On 16/06/2016 23:14, Bond, Darryl wrote:
>>
>> Has there been any consideration of allowing the hosted engine to be
>> installed on a Ceph rbd.
>>
>> I'm not suggesting using cinder but addressing the rbd directly in the
>> hosted engine install process.
>>

>> This would allow ceph only hosting of oVirt without another replicated
>> storage for the engine.

I agree that this would be nice, but unfortunately working with ceph storage
requires cinder. Engine is managing disks via cinder, and also manage
deployment of ceph secrets on the hosts that need access to the ceph.

For long term we want to support not only ceph but all storage supported
by cinder, leveraging cinder echo system.

Nir