[ovirt-users] Ovirt-Engine VM

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 09:56:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Carlos García Gómez
<carlos.garcia at f-integra.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just arrived and I have the first question.
>
> The oVirt-engine....
> + It can be a physical server?

Yes

> + It can be a virtual machine?

Yes

>   - Do it run under oVirt or can it run under other platforms  like  vmware
> and or Hyper-V?

If you want to run it under oVirt, it's called hosted-engine:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/hosted-engine/

> I Would like to run it under vmware. I know this is a contradiction but I
> think this is the heart of the solution I prefer to run it under a known
> platform

I think it will work.

> What do you recommend?
> Operation System? Centos 6 or Centos 7?

7.

oVirt 4.0, to be released soon, will not work on 6.

A 3.6 engine can work on both, a 3.6 host requires 7.
A 3.6 engine can manage a 3.5 host (which can be el6), but is not
relevant for you (unless you are simulating an existing such setup).

Best,
--
Didi