[ovirt-users] Will not communicate with VCenter

JC Clark jc at mcsaipan.net
Tue Jun 21 23:57:42 UTC 2016

I am trying to establish a VCenter as an External Provider.  The when I
try to "Test" the connection, the ovirt error message says that I have
"failed to communicate".

The Vcenter logs clearly shows the logging in and logging out of the
ovirt administrator to the vCenter instance.

And the final error message says:

Jun 22, 2016 9:49:06 AM

Provider VMWare was updated. (User: admin at internal)

Jun 22, 2016 9:47:01 AM

Failed to retrieve VMs information from external server
vpx://vcenter.mcsaipan.net/MCS1/vmware.mcsaipan.net?no_verify=1

I am using oVirt 3.6.6
Vcenter Server Appliance
no Cluster

Uncaught exception occurred. Please tryreloading
<javascript:window.location.reload(true)>the page. Details: Exception
caught: Exception caught: (TypeError) __gwt$exception: <skipped>: Cannot
read property 'f' of null
Please have your administrator check the UI logs

This guy pops up when I try to connect.

Anyway just looking for a clue. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks