[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine - Storage Domain registration

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 15:46:44 UTC 2016

On Jun 21, 2016 11:01 PM, "Anantha Raghava" <raghav at exzatechconsulting.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was able to map the hosted_storage to default DC. This appeared & got
attached after I mapped another NFS Share as Master Data Domain. Even the
HostedEngine VM appeared under Virtual Machines Tab and status was set to
up.

> I could install ovirt guest agent and got all other information reported
from agent service.

> But I noticed that although I have installed CentOS 7.2 in Hosted Engine,
VM reports it is a Desktop and not a Server. I attempted to change these
values and also the Clock off set, but received error as locked parameters
cannot be changed etc. Does the Hosted Engine really use a Desktop Profile?
Can't we change it?

No it's not really a desktop profile and you can't change that. Can you
please open a bug and describe the use case, specifically for the clock
offset.
It's not at our top priority atm but we can consider that. Maybe you can
send a patch?

> --
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Anantha Raghava
> On Tuesday 21 June 2016 08:01 PM, Anantha Raghava wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was able to install Hosted Engine on CentOS 7.2 Host with NFS Storage.
I faced challenge in registering the NFS Storage Domain - hosted_storage -
on which the Hosted Engine VM was created. When I attempt to attach the
hosted_storage to Data Center, the process fails and it could not register.
Hosted_Engine_Host is registered and is up & running, but data center is
down resulting in the infrastructure going down.

>> Another question is, if this storage is not registered in domain, how
would engine vm migrate in case of host failure?