[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine Spamming Transition E-Mails

Charles Tassell ctassell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 02:57:41 UTC 2016

Hi Didi,

   Unfortunately the box got reinstalled before I could grab the logs.
I think I have an idea as to what caused the issue though. When I was
originally registering the oVirt node one of the fiber channel volumes
wouldn't detect so it just kept waiting to register with the hosted
engine, saying it couldn't connect to the storage pool.  I rebooted the
host which caused the FC volume to show up and it looked like everything
was fine.  We were able to host VMs on the box but then it started
spitting out the error E-Mails.  I migrated the VMs off to other hosts
(2 went fine, 2 went into a paused state citing storage error) and then
rebooted the host.  When the host rebooted I shutdown the VDSM service
and started it manually from the shell prompt.  I'm not sure if it was
right when the box came up or when I started VDSM manually, but that
messed up our storage pool and crashed all the VMs in the cluster,
putting them into a paused state.

   Sorry I couldn't grab the logs, one of the other techs had some spare
time so he reinstalled the OS the same afternoon.