[ovirt-users] Is oVirt 3.6 with GlusterFS 3.7 recommended for production usage?

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Fri Jun 24 10:23:20 UTC 2016

On 06/24/2016 03:16 PM, Dewey Du wrote:
> You mean we dont need to add new storage domain for each ovirt-node?
> Maybe I choose the "Use Host" option wrongly? I thought this is the
> way to tie the storage of "Host-01" to GlusterFS by selecting
> "Host-01" on the "Use Host" option.
> And I should do the same thing for "Host-02", which adding new storage
> domain with choosing "Host-02" on the "Use Host" option.
> So do others. Host-03, Host-04 ...

While creating storage domain, the host provided in "Use host" is the
one used to initially setup the connection to the storage.
In case of gluster storage domain, if like you said, you want to
separate storage servers from hypervisor hosts - you would set up the
gluster volume using bricks on Host-04, Host-05, Host-06.
And in oVirt create a cluster with your hypervisor hosts - Host-01,
Host-02 and Host-03. To create a data storage domain - use any of the
hosts (01-03) and provide path to gluster volume as host-04:/<volname>

In case of hyperconverged setup, the gluster volume can be setup on
Host-01, Host-02, Host-03 itself. Check
http://blogs-ramesh.blogspot.in/2016/01/ovirt-and-gluster-hyperconvergence.html