[ovirt-users] oVirt/RHEV and HP Blades and HP iSCSI SAN

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:12:45 UTC 2016

Hi all

We run four RHEV datacenters, two PROD, one DEV and one TEST/Training.
They are all  working OK but I'd like a definitive answer on how I should
be configuring the networking side as I'm pretty sure we're getting
sub-optimal networking performance.

All datacenters are housed in HP C7000 Blade enclosures.  The PROD
datacenters use HP 4730 iSCSI SAN clusters, each datacenter has a cluster
of two 4730s. These are configured RAID5 internally with NRAID1. The DEV
and TEST datacenters are using P4500 iSCSI SANs and each datacenter has a
cluster of three P4500s configured with RAID10 internally and NRAID5.

The HP C7000 each have two Flex10/10D interconnect modules configured in a
redundant ring so that we can upgrade the interconnects without dropping
network connectivity to the infrastructure. We use fat RHEL-H 7.2
hypervisors (HP BL460) and these are all configured with six network
interfaces:
- eno1 and eno2 are bond0 which is the rhevm interface
- eno3 and eno4 are bond1 and all the VM VLANs are trunked over this bond
using 802.1q
- eno5 and eno6 are bond2 and dedicated to iSCSI traffic

Is this the "correct" way to do this?  If not, what should I be doing
instead?

Thanks

CC