[ovirt-users] Unofficial projects

James Michels karma.sometimes.hurts at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 08:28:32 UTC 2016

We have lots of non-technically profiled users but yet we want them to use
some machines, mostly "automatic" VM pools. So instead of making them open
the User panel, we're working on a very simple desktop app that will
connect to oVirt's API with their credentials, get a list of all VMs they
have permissions on and allow them only 2 operations: manage power (power
off, power on) and connect to the machine getting a SPICE ticket and
chaining it to virt-viewer. The main advantage is that this app will be
started on their session open, so it should be more confortable to them.

Once finished we will publish the source code, so If you consider this
useful I can notify you if interested.

Regards