[ovirt-users] oVirt/RHEV and HP Blades and HP iSCSI SAN

Dan Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 01:47:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> I should have mentioned that we need to use the same subnet for both iSCSI
> interfaces which is why I ended up bonding (mode 1) these.

This is not best practice. Perhaps you should have asked these questions
when planning? Right now, I'd start planning for a large downtime window in
order to redo things right.

> Looking at
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.6/html/Administration_Guide/sect-Preparing_and_Adding_Block_Storage.html#Configuring_iSCSI_Multipathing,
> it doesn't say anything about tying the iSCSI Bond back to the host.  In
> our DEV environment I removed the bond the iSCSI interfaces were using and
> created the iSCSI Bond as per this link.  What do I do now?  Recreate the
> bond and give it an IP?  I don't see where to put an IP for iSCSI against
> the hosts?

I don't have a setup in front of me to provide instructions, but you did
mention you're using RHEV, why not just call support, they can just remote
in and help you, or send some screenshots...

> Lastly, not using jumbo frames as where a critical infrastructure
> organisation and I fear possible side effects.

You have an iSCSI dedicated network, I don't see the problem setting up a
dedicated network the correct way, unless your switches have a single MTU
setting for all ports, like the cisco 2960's. There's a lot of performance
to gain there, depending on the kind of IO your VMs of generating.