[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6 to 4.0 Upgrade

Christophe TREFOIS christophe.trefois at uni.lu
Sun Jun 26 14:00:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

For CentOS 7, I set the host in global maintenance, and then upgrade the engine.

After that, reboot cleanly the engine and set the maintenance back to none.

Then you should update the host itself. To do that, you are strongly advised to shutdown the VMs first.

If sanlock or vdsm get upgraded in the process, all your VMs will be terminated anyway, and this oculd lead to bad results.

So if you don’t have another host, shutdown everything except engine, set to maintenance global, update engine, reboot engine, shutdown engine, update host, and then set maintenance back to none.

Does that make sense?