[ovirt-users] oVirt and Ceph

Alessandro De Salvo Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it
Mon Jun 27 09:02:42 UTC 2016

Hi,
the cinder container is broken since a while, since when the kollaglue
changed the installation method upstream, AFAIK.
Also, it seems that even the latest ovirt 4.0 pulls down the "kilo"
version of openstack, so you will need to install yours if you need a
more recent one.
We are using a VM managed by ovirt itself for keystone/glance/cinder
with our ceph cluster, and it works quite well with the Mitaka version,
which is the latest one. The DB is hosted outside, so that even if we
loose the VM we don't loose the state, besides all performance reasons.
The installation is not using containers, but installing the services
directly via puppet/Foreman.
So far we are happily using ceph in this way. The only drawback of this
setup is that if the VM is not up we cannot start machines with ceph
volumes attached, but the running machines survives without problems
even if the cinder VM is down.
Cheers,

     Alessandro