[ovirt-users] oVirt and Ceph

Alessandro De Salvo Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it
Mon Jun 27 09:35:51 UTC 2016

Hi Nir,
yes indeed, we use the high-availability setup from oVirt for the
Glance/Cinder VM, hosted on a high-available gluster storage. For the DB
we use an SSD-backed Percona Cluster. The VM itself connects to the DB
cluster via haproxy, so we should have the full high-availability.
The problem with the VM is the first time when you start the oVirt
cluster, since you cannot start any VM using ceph volumes before you
start the Glance/Cinder VM. It's easy to be solved, though, and even if
you autostart all the machines they will automatically start in the
correct order.
Cheers,

     Alessandro