[ovirt-users] Security Groups

Pavel Gashev Pax at acronis.com
Mon Jun 27 17:45:31 UTC 2016

Hello,

Currently oVirt supports network security groups for OpenStack network provider only. Are there plans to implement Security Groups for native networks?

Technically, I can configure a vNic profile with some Security Groups UUID, and apply it in before_device_create and before_update_device VDSM hooks as filterref to some custom nwfilter. The only issue is that I have to manually edit and distribute nwfilter xml among hardware nodes. If I want isolate set of VMs, I have to manually maintain MAC addresses of VMs in that xml.

It would be great if oVirt web interface had a nwfilter editor. Are there plans for it?

Thanks