[ovirt-users] Change ip host

Fernando Fuentes ffuentes at darktcp.net
Wed Jun 29 14:33:55 UTC 2016

Nicola,

I guess this all boils down on the type of storage domain you have
setup... If its shared than your vms will be ok. If its Local than if
something goes wrong with the hosts than you could be in lots of
trouble.

I went through something similar... I had to move DC (one host on the
main DC) the hosts took a crap... I thought I lost everything but to my
understanding the VM's are in my storage domain (iSCSI) as soon as I
brought a new host online (same hostname) it all worked just fine.

My procedure was as follow:

Remove broken host from ovirt.
Re-install host
re add host to ovirt

Things came back online on its own... WIN :)

Regards,

--
Fernando Fuentes
ffuentes at txweather.org