[ovirt-users] oVirt New Install

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 07:06:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 7:27 PM, Brett I. Holcomb <biholcomb at l1049h.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the explanation. That helps.  The hypervisors I used in the
> past had no such thing.  You just created storage areas and used them as
> desired and the admin interface worked whether or not they existd.

This is a complication caused by the way hosted-engine is implemented.

The main use-case for hosted-engine is for "cheap HA" (cheap = no extra
software and no dedicated hardware).

If all you want is a simple management interface for one host, you are
probably better off using virt-manager or something like that.

I think most people using oVirt on a single host do this mainly for
testing/education/etc and (intend to) also use it on a larger setup.
--
Didi