[ovirt-users] regenerate libvirt-spice keys after libvirtd restart?

Bill James bill.james at j2.com
Fri Mar 4 18:16:33 UTC 2016

I needed to bounce libvirtd after changing a config in libvirt/qemu.conf
so import-to-ovirt.pl,
but now my VMs with Spice console complain:

libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to
monitor: ((null):2791): Spice-Warning **: reds.c:3311:reds_init_ssl:
Could not use private key file

What is the proper way to sync up the key after restarting libvirtd?
I even tried rebooting host and restart ovirt-engine and ovirt-engine
setup, didn't help.

Work around is just use VNC consoles. But I'd like to get spice working
again.

centos 7.2
libvirt-client-1.2.17-13.el7_2.2.x86_64
ovirt-engine-3.6.2.6-1.el7.centos.noarch

Cloud Services for Business www.j2.com
j2 | eFax | eVoice | FuseMail | Campaigner | KeepItSafe | Onebox

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies. (c) 2015 j2 Global, Inc. All rights reserved. eFax, eVoice, Campaigner, FuseMail, KeepItSafe, and Onebox are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc. and its affiliates.