[ovirt-users] Promiscuous Mode

clint at theboggios.com clint at theboggios.com
Sat Mar 5 19:21:17 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-05 13:13, combuster wrote:
> Ignore the link (minor accident while pasting). Yum will download the
> appropriate one from the repos.
>
> On 03/05/2016 08:09 PM, combuster wrote:
>
>> Just the hook rpm (vdsm-hook-macspoof [1]).
>>
>> Ivan
>>
>> On 03/05/2016 08:02 PM, Christopher Young wrote:
>>
>> I had a related question on this.
>>
>> When it comes to ovirt-node or rhev-h, is there anything required to
>> be installed on the hypervisor hosts themselves?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris
>> On Mar 5, 2016 1:47 PM, "combuster" <combuster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Clint, you might want to check the macspoof hook features here:
>>
>> https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/tree/master/vdsm_hooks/macspoof [2]
>>
>> This should override arp/spoofing filtering, that might be the
>> cause of your issues with OpenVPN setup (first guess).
>>
>> On 03/05/2016 07:30 PM, Clint Boggio wrote:
>> I am deploying an OpenVPN server in my OVirt environment and I've
>> come to a dead stop with the developer support on a topic related to
>> OVirt configuration.
>>
>> The developer wants me to put the VM's underlying NIC into
>> promiscuous mode.
>>
>> I've seen this in a VMware environment and I know what they are
>> asking me to do, and I'm wondering if there is a clear way to do
>> this in my OVirt environment.
>>
>> I found "port mirroring" but no "promiscuous mode"
>>
>> Cheers and thank you !
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.5/rpm/el7Server/noarch/vdsm-hook-macspoof-4.16.10-0.el7.noarch.rpm
> [2] https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/tree/master/vdsm_hooks/macspoof

Thank you very much. Reading the README it appears that there is a
series of commands to run on the engine to make the options to remove
filtering from the vNIC, or the whole VM available. What purpose is
filled by the two scripts that are included in the git, and where do I
put them so that they will be utilized if that's even necessary ?